Here are instructions to set up FaceTime on your device and video calling tips for the wellness call.
Step 1. Check your device version.
You can use an iPhone 4 of later, iPad Pro or iPhone mini (all models), iPad 2 or later, iPod touch 4th generation or later.
Step 2. Make sure the FaceTime application is downloaded and turned on.
- Look for the application icon (green with white video camera). Tap it to open.
- You can use the Spotlight magnifying glass and type in FaceTime or ask Siri.
- You can also tap on the Settings Scroll down to find FaceTime. Tap the slider so that it is green/on. Sign in with your Apple ID.
- Confirm FaceTime has your contact phone number or Apple ID email activated with a check mark.
- If you do not see the Face Time app on your device or it is not activated, read Apple’s troubleshooting instructions.
Step 3. For iPad users: you may need to activate your iPhone number or Apple ID email to receive FaceTime video call.
Option A: Allow phone calls on your iPad and your iPhone.
- You must first set up your iPhone, and then your iPad.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular. Tap Wi-Fi Calling, then turn on Add Wi-Fi Calling For Other Devices (tap slider so it’s green). Now you can receive calls when your iPhone isn’t nearby.
- On your iPhone, go to Settings > Cellular. Tap Calls on Other Devices, turn on Allow Calls on Other Devices, then choose your iPad to receive calls when your iPhone is near and connected to Wi-Fi.
- Next set up your iPad to receive calls from your iPhone.
- You need to be signed in with your Apple ID. From home screen, go to Settings, tap Sign in to your iPad, then enter your Apple ID and password.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime (Icon with green and white video camera). Turn on FaceTime (tap the slider so that it is green).
- Turn on Calls from iPhone (tap the slider so it’s green).
- Provide your iPhone phone number to be used as your FaceTime contact number.
Option B: Use your Apple ID email address for FaceTime on your iPad.
- Go to Settings > FaceTime (icon with green and white video camera). Turn on FaceTime (tap the slider so that it is green).
- Register your email address by tapping Settings > FaceTime > Use your Apple ID for FaceTime, and sign in with your Apple ID.
- Provide this registered Apple ID email address as your contact address.
- Turn on Wi-Fi Calling (tap the slider so that it is green). You should have a network selected.
- Provide this Apple ID email as your FaceTime contact.
Step 4. Receive and accept the incoming FaceTime call.
- When the Matrix Nurse Practitioner calls, “you may see an incoming call from Matrix” or his/her phone number.
- On an iPad, you will see yourself in the camera.
- Tap Accept (the green phone icon) to answer the FaceTime video call, or swipe or tap the notification to answer.
Step 5. Follow these best practices for a video wellness call:
- Start by holding the iPhone or iPad in front of your face so you can view the Matrix Nurse Practitioner and he/she can see you.
- The Matrix Nurse Practitioner will be wearing a Matrix uniform and show his/her ID badge.
- You may want to sit at a table and prop the iPhone or iPad on the table against books or something heavy, or use a stand so that you can use your hands.
- You will be asked to show the nurse your medications; you can hold each one in front of the phone screen.
- If you want to see what the nurse is seeing, tap the Flip icon.
- Make sure the Mute mic icon is not selected (grey background, not white) so the nurse can hear you.
- If your Call Waiting is turned on and you receive another call, please avoid interruption and tap Decline.